Thursday 26 June 2014

Ironclad

I started this piece just over a week ago. Just to family commitments and being on a Social Engagement course for the coaching business I also run. Time to fit the piece in was a struggle.

I started the layout in blue polychromos pencil, for the main character it allowed me to capture a little detail, as the process was really loose. The character again became my main focus in starting the detail process.


I realised from here how difficult this actual piece would be to draw. The amount of detail nearly overwhelmed me at one point. Especially the chain mail.


I actually dreaded it and it took the best part of last weekend to finish that particular element.

It was a massively fun piece to draw, even though it had the hidden details, that gave me concern for worry and after almost completing the figure I had the challenge of the background, which alone took me about 3 hours of work. I'd say total time for the piece was around 12 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment